What Srila Prabhupada did in ten years (1993)
Some Statistical Reflections on the Awesome Stature of the Acharya
by Hansadutta das
* Srila Prabhupada translated and wrote purports to 18,000 verses of Srimad-Bhagavatam. Reading one verse with purport daily would take the reader 49.31 years to complete.
* He translated and wrote purports to 700 verses of Bhagavad-gita. It would take the reader aproximately two years to complete.
* He translated and wrote purports to the 17 volumes of Chaitanya-charitamrita (2,170 pages, or 11,555 verses). Reading one verse with purport daily would take the reader 31.6 years to complete. Reading one page daily would take the reader 5.9 years to complete.
* He wrote Teachings of Lord Chaitanya, a synopsis of Chaitanya-charitamrita;
* Nectar of Devotion;
* He created a monthly magazine, Back to Godhead, which at one point was distributed in excess of one million copies per month.
* Under his explicit direction and inspioration, thousands of artful illustrations were published in all the above-mentioned books.
* He wrote over 7,000 personal letters to his disciples, published in fie volumes of books.
* He gave lectures on Srimad-Bhagavatam, compiled into 11 volumes of books.
* He gave lectures on Bhagavad-gita, compiled into seven volumes of books.
* His darshan conversations have been compiled into 42 volumes of books.
* He produced phonograph records.
* He established 108 temples (including Mayapur, Vrindavan, Bombay–with guest houses, Hyderabad temple, New Vrindavana and Gita Nagari farm communities).
* His published books total some 147. Reading one book a month would take 13 years, reading one book every two months would take 25 years of reading, about twice the time it took Prabhupada to write them. Probably we will not live that long. If one started reading today, he would not finish till the year 2029. Think of it!
All the while, Prabhupada was constantly travelling, going around the world at least twelve times from the age of 70 until 80 years. Plus he recruited from countries all all over the world over 5,000 young boys and girls as his disciples, who served him enthusiastically, giving up sinful life and chanting Hare Krishna in towns and villages world-wide.
The ACHARYA is one who sets a milestone in the evolution of the SAMPRADAYA, as Srila Vyasadeva did by recording all the Vedic literatures, as Chaitanya Mahaprabhu did by introducing the sankirtan movement and as Thakur Bhaktivinoda and Srila Bhaktsiddhanta did by introducing and utilising all modern facilities for preaching the message of Krishna consciousness. Srila Prabhupada took that message and presented it to the whole world in English, subsequently translated in all langues of the world, his purports being so clear and concise that anyone reading his books seriously today becomes transformed and awakened to Krishna consciousness. Therefore he is the ACHARYA, because he has made all the people of the world conscious of Krishna by bringing Krishna in the form of His books.