Phalgun Krishna Pancami (+PADA Analysis) (Classic)
Notes by Puranjana dasa
[Five prayers glorifying special characteristics of Srila 108 Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Goswami Thakura. Presented on the commemoration of his appearance, by His Divine Grace, A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, at Radha Damodara temple, Vrindavana, India in 1961].
His Divine Grace, A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada offered these prayers to his Guru Maharaja in 1961. Contained in these prayers are some of Srila Prabhupada’s evaluations of the problems that developed after the departure of his guru [The history of the post-1936 Gaudiya Matha].
We have taken “literary license” by making our own “notes” to compare Srila Prabhupada’s observations regarding the developments that took place after Saraswati Thakura’s departure, starting in the 1930s, and very similar events that took place after the departure of Srila Prabhupada himself starting in November, 1977.
The editor of this paper [Puranjana dasa adhikary] makes his remarks are after the “NOTE headings.”
1. On this day, O my master, I made a cry of grief; I was not able to tolerate the absence of my guru.
2. On this auspicious day I have come with this offering just to worship you, remembering your lotus feet.
3. Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu’s judgment is that renunciation is most important. Not only that, but such knowledge of renunciation must be delivered to every conditioned being.
4. The beginner in devotional service has no ability to solve this dilemma, but you are a maha-bhagavata, you have given us direction.
5. One bewildered by ignorance, what kind of renunciate can he be? He will only be a “phalgu-vairagi”; renouncing externally.
6. Renunciation is actually the result of real spiritual emotion. Without such feeling it is simply known as “show bottle”.
7. But there is another “show bottle” for the purpose of preaching. That is the Lord’s sannyasa by which the mayavadis are defeated.
8. Lord Chaitanya’s philosophy is beyond Varnasrama; it is Bhagavata dharma, for putting an end to all cheating processes of religion.
9. Performing dry renunciation, there can be no real preaching. Therefore “yukta vairagya” is given as the highest essential understanding.
10. “That sannyasa which I have given you” is for preaching in devotion. The faithless sense enjoyers are unable to understand this.
11. Generally the sannyasis renounce everything and go and stay in the mountain caves, but you, o master, keep your sannyasis in mansions of marble.
12. To see a sense enjoyer is just like drinking poison, but you, o my master, go far and near, even abroad, to give them your darshan.
13. Mlecchas and Yavanas are forbidden to enter the Hindu temples, but you my Lord, make them chairmen and sit them in the assembly of devotees.
14. Hindus are not allowed to cross the ocean, but you send your devotees overseas to preach.
15. In the cities of Kali Yuga the instructions of the bona fide spiritual preceptors are forbidden. Still you remain there in any way possible.
16. The devotees want to hide in a secluded place to perform their bhajan. You, however, do not accept this in your judgment.
NOTE: Many of the individuals who were supposed to be the “big leaders” and sannyasis from Srila Saraswati Thakura’s 1930s Gaudiya Matha, renounced their active preaching life immediately after their guru’s departure. For the most part, they artificially branded themselves as Srila Saraswati Thakura’s “pure guru successors,” then they performed very meager preaching activities, and some engaged in scandals and murders as well.
“THEY HAVE GONE AGAINST GURU’S ORDER.” Srila Prabhupada explains that these “leading secretaries” had “gone against the order” of Srila Sarsawati Thakura. As it would turn out, many of these “big gurus” would allegedly “revive their dormant preaching capacity” once again, in the 1970s this time to “preach” by actively campaigning against the preaching work of Srila Prabhupada.
Many of these deviant “gurus” from the 1930s engaged in various corrupt plots and schemes to disrupt his post-1965 preaching movement. Indeed, Srila Prabhupada told us [in 1971] that some of his deviant “guru brothers” might try to have him assassinated.
The post-1977 false GBC gurus have followed exactly in this line of wrongheaded preaching. Sometimes the GBC’s gurus may never even be seen, or heard, in a particular area, for many years together. However, if they discover that someone is preaching; “Let us all return to the worship of Srila Prabhupada,” they are inclined to send in their “emergency fire brigade,” usually a group of GBC artificial gurus and their ideologues, to challenge, and try to “put out the [evil] fire of” Srila Prabhupada’s worship. In sum, it seems that the most enthusiastic “preaching work” of some of these false gurus is to try to eliminate the worship [and worshippers] of the bona fide guru, namely Srila Prabhupada, and vociferously establish the supremacy of their own worship.
USURPING THE “MARBLES AND STONES.” After the 1936 departure of Srila Saraswati Thakura, various false “guru projects” artificially claimed proprietorship of one, or more, of the Gaudiya Matha temple buildings. However, the temples in question had been originally established by Srila Saraswati Thakura, as part of his movement, and in particular, for his worship.
Many deviant, sometimes deadly, tricks were used by the false post-1930s “gurus” to capture the actual guru’s properties. For example, in order to usurp some properties, one “guru” pleaded his case to the High Court in India. Srila Prabhupada commented that these unauthorized “gurus” were not actually interested in preaching and saving the fallen, but only in the business of usurping the assets, or “the marbles and stones.” Amazingly, in 1990, the post-1977 “gurus” glorified the above mentioned “property thief guru” as their “example of how to continue the disciplic succession.” By outright stealing properties from the real guru! Birds of a feather?
“ENJOYING THE ASSETS.” According to Srila Prabhupada, the Gaudiya Matha’s deviants took all of this trouble simply in order to set themselves up with nice big buildings for comfortable living. He would call their efforts, “a free hotel,” or “dahl and chappatis sadhus,” etc. Of course, as a “free bonus,” these deviants utilized the usurped [stolen] temple properties to also usurp the worship of the bona fide guru as well, and focus the worship upon themselves instead. And so they militantly established, in the properties they had stolen from their guru, the worship of themselves as “big gurus.”
STEALING LORD’S CONSORT? Srila Prabhupada adamantly disagreed with them. He compares these false “guru’s” tactics, such as the stealing of their guru’s properties, to be directly comparable to the activities of the demon Ravana, who raped many pious ladies, harassed the brahmanas, halted the Lord’s worship, and even kidnapped Mother Sita [as in S.B. 5th Canto].
NO PREACHING: NIRJANA BHAJANA. After they were “set up with their material assets for life,” such 1930s deviants claimed that they were now “performing nirjana bhajana [non-public worship].” Similarly, immediately after Srila Prabhupada’s departure in 1977, most of his “leading sannyasis” immediately took over the temple properties by various tricks. And shortly thereafter, many of them also began to claim that they were “performing [conjugal gopi] secluded bhajan.”
VIOLENT TACTICS. There are numerous examples where some of the post-1977 “gurus” ordered their “enforcers” to forcibly throw devotees into the streets, sometimes in the middle of the night when they were sleeping. Some devotees were robbed, molested, beaten and even killed. Similarly, innocent Gaudiya Matha devotees were also beaten and killed by the false 1930s gurus.
After “purging out the temples of Prabhupada’s worshippers,” most of the post-1977 “gurus” retreated into living comfortably in the temple(s) that they had usurped. Some moved into their own separate big house(s) that had been purchased with the usurped temple’s funds. Srila Prabhupada warns that “nirjana bhajana” [sitting alone to perform worship] will quickly deteriorate into sense gratification. It has. Of course, when one adds “stealing the guru’s property,” and “treating the Lord’s devotees viciously,” to his false “nirjana bhajana,” he has cooked up a recipe for his own complete ruination.
VIOLENT “GOPI’S ASSISTANTS”? Thus an extreme and highly offensive contradiction has arisen. Many false “gurus” [both Gaudiya Matha and GBC] are militantly claiming that they are “engaged in assisting the gopis [the Lord’s conjugal consorts: Nikunja-yuno-rati-keli-siddhyai].
Simultaneously, while allegedly being “internally engaged” twenty four hours a day meditating on the Lord’s conjugal affairs, such false gurus have been “externally engaged” in orchestrating military style purges, excommunications, beatings, even death threats and violence towards the Lord’s devotees. Consequently, such “gurus” have been dubbed by some [with the oxymoron] “the vicious gopis.” In other words, they are cleverly trying to juxtapose their pattern of vicious behavior towards the Lord’s innocent Vaishnava devotees, with the behavior of Lord’s most elevated, fully pure, compassionate, exalted servants, the gopis of vrajabhumi. [?]
According to these extreme deviants, the eternally pure “gopis” are now to be juxtaposed with the post-1977 false guru project’s homosexual, child molester, and devotee killing gangster lineage? Plain disgusting. Moreover, no one who actually believed that there was a God would ever DARE to insult His purest devotees by linking them to these most abominable behaviors.
GURU FAILURES? Srila Prabhupada says that a bona fide guru will never fall down [NOD p.116], even if he preaches to the faithless [ML]. Only the unauthorized or self-appointed gurus fails. And so, just like some of the 1930s “guru” deviants, some of the post-1977 “gurus and sannyasis” are sometimes caught in forbidden acts. Below is a very small sampling of their deviant behaviors:
* KUTI NATI [duplicity]: Originally the false gurus [1930s and 1970s] claimed to have been appointed as successor gurus. In actual fact, they had never been appointed at all. Then they employed various corrupt techniques, such as sub-violent coercion and philosophically twisted position papers, and so on, to maintain their false position.
* JIVA HIMSA [violence]: The false gurus have forced out Krishna’s innocent devotees with military style purges, encouraging fanatical, even violent moods, sometimes resulting in the beatings and murders of Krishna’s dear devotees. Some hired violent thugs to assault the followers of Sridhara Maharaja and others. This process developed in the 1930s, was duplicated by the post-1977 deviants, and is still going on . Devotees are still banned, harassed, threatened, etc.
* KAMA [greed] Keeping “personal” gold in safe deposit boxes and maintaining Swiss bank accounts; living outside in costly Hotels; buying expensive cars;
stealing the guru’s money; diverting funds to print one’s own bogus books [while simultaneously] discontinuing the printing of, or even changing the text of, the real guru’s books;
* KAMA [illicit sex]: Going to sensuous movies [even watching pornographic films]; having female servants; “dating” disciples[?]; talking to young women alone [while dressed in scanty “string” bikinis], buying leather mini-skirts for their fourteen year old female [spiritual daughter] students; attending women’s aerobics classes; giving “private tutoring lessons” to young women; engaging in homosexual acts, sometimes with minors; and so on and so forth.
* NISIIDDHACARA [Forbidden acts]: Taking a variety of illicit intoxicants, smoking and drinking; taking forbidden foods [especially for sannyasis]; over-eating, over-sleeping and not chanting; breaking up marriages; emplacing known molesters in high positions, even as gurus; covering up for and “bailing out” known molesters; [even] eating fish and steaks; having their guard dogs eat off the deities plate; pilfering, lying, cheating, swearing, cursing, backbiting; going to weight-lifting gyms, going to a mundane college in a Cadillac; [we could go on for twenty more pages with ease].
Are these examples of the activities of persons who are, according to the GBC, “purely and eternally assisting the Lord’s Gopis”? Or, as one FBI agent asked our associate, “Are these gurus molding themselves after the Mafiosa?”
Some of them have even purchased their own separate luxurious residences, such as big houses or mansions, even in Beverly Hills. Many obtained big luxury cars for their personal use. Even their chief “writer-editor” moved out of Srila Prabhupada’s temples to set up his private residence in “Howard Johnson’s Motels.” Naturally, this has cost “his” [stolen] temples a small fortune. Meanwhile, the cows at this same guru’s [usurped from Srila Prabhupada] farm are actually suffering horrible fates, even death, due to ill-treatment allegedly because of “insufficient funds.”
Srila Prabhupada, of course, never agreed that any of the above had any remote connection to bona fide gurus. He maintains that a bona fide guru cannot fall down, even if he engages in preaching work. “There is no question of a bad guru,” Srila Prabhupada would say.
PREACHING STUNTED. In sum, many 1930s and 1977 “leading preachers” not only abandoned their duty to perform the regular public street preaching, they began to engage in horrible deviations, which even the common man would avoid. Preaching work “was” their clear and established duty during Srila Prabhupada’s time with us. Preaching activity is supposed to be the main business of a sannyasi. Indeed, these false renunciate “gurus” are rarely ever seen in public at all.
Even the ordinary common man has noted that these big so-called sannysasi “gurus” are now violating the order of Srila Prabhupada by “stopping the preaching.” The common man will ask, “What happened to all the Krishna devotees who used to be preaching on the streets?” Srila Prabhupada calls this phenomena of halting the preaching “jiva himsa” [vicious envy of, or violence towards, others].
JIVA-HIMSA. This deviation technically means that a neophyte may develop intense greed and envy of others. It may also mean that a person might even attack and kill others. He may even eat their flesh [himsa also means “to kill”] Of course, it has been well documented and established, that these “gurus” have even orchestrated the murder of Krishna’s own beloved devotees, and what to speak of spiritually murdering so many millions of people spiritually, by turning them away from Krishna [by giving them such a bad example of what Krishna’s devotees are supposed to behave like]. [Jiva himsa: Chaitanya Charitamrita M.L 158]
“UNLAWFULLY USURPED.” Such greedy “sannyasis” may deviate even further by artificially taking over the spiritual master’s property, just to exploit the property for their own comfortable living. Srila Prabhupada simply said that the 1930s “guru sannyasis” had “unlawfully usurped” their master’s properties. Now, the post-1977 deviants have also “unlawfully usurped” the properties in modern times.
“CONJUGAL LOVE” STUDIES? Simultaneously, many of these alleged “gurus” use the excuse that they are now “making a special study of the conjugal pastimes of the Lord,” so they “have no time to waste on performing public preaching.” Consequently, many of the 1930s and post-1977 deviants claim to be “studying the conjugal pastimes of the gopis.” Both Srila Saraswati Thakura and Srila Prabhupada oftentimes condemned this “secluded bhajan” mentality, especially when it was tainted further by “special conjugal studies.” In sum, the duty of the sannyasis is to go out, to travel, and to preach far and wide, not to sit in his own ill-gotten little temple, collect a few followers, and claim to be qualified as a “gopi-rasa” guru.
17. Whenever there is an increase in population, there in that place preaching work is to be found.
18. In London you want a student hostel. You explain that it must be very first-class.
19. In the land of barbarians a student hostel for preaching Hari-katha! Who can understand the significance of these things?
20. To resolve all the apparently contradictory statements is not the play of some incompetent fool.
21. If everyone simply sat down together and considered these things what nice preaching there could be.
22. What is your order also, that everyone, coming together, should merge in your message and preach it to the world.
NOTE: Srila Prabhupada complains that the [1930s to present Gaudiya Matha’s] followers have purposefully altered their guru’s clear and actual “order,” and the result is that the preaching has been crippled.
What is “the order”? Srila Saraswati Thakura specifically ordered ALL of his followers to preach cooperatively, and operate the Gaudiya Matha institution by a committee or managerial Governing Body.
There was never supposed to be any highly centralized power base of a few elite “sannyasi gurus,” and there was definitely never any order [or process even discussed] for anyone to be nominated, elected [voted in] or appointed as the “guru successor(s).”
Srila Prabhupada therefore hints that if everyone would simply RETURN to the master’s order, specifically, if the so-called “big gurus” would step down from their big seats and start working TOGETHER with their brothers, instead of stepping [upon or] over them, there would be once again unity in his “master’s house” or the Gaudiya Matha institution.
Then the mission would once have one purpose; to serve God and guru. The wasteful, tedious and dangerous “self-appointed guru(s)” schisms, with forty solid years of acrimonious court battles, beatings and murders, could have been melted away. Everyone should now be able to “come together” and “merge” into one interest, as there had factually been before 1936, namely: serving the ACTUAL master.
23. If everyone just initiates then there will only be a contradictory result. As long as it goes on, there will be only failure.
NOTE: Here Srila Prabhupada points to the primary defect of the deviated ecclesiastical “self-appointed guru’s” idea. They emphasize the worship of themselves, and emphasize their own so-called ecclesiastical [diksha] initiations, [or the “official” external activities of what a guru is supposed to do, but without the factual internal realizations of the bona fide guru]. They neglect almost entirely to recognize, or even discuss, the actual bona fide guru’s internal realization, position and potency.
CONCOCTED PROCESSES. The self-made post-1977 guru deviants have made many concocted ecclesiastical claims. For example, they state that the guru is elected by a “2/3’s show-of-hands vote from their GBC committee.” Conversely, Srila Prabhupada used to always state that guru voting was completely unauthorized. Srila Prabhupada consistently warned that such tricks will never be effective.
Therefore, Srila Prabhupada warns herein, “there will only be a contradictory result.” We’ve all witnessed a number of the “contradictory results” in the alleged post-1977 “gurus”: scandals; numerous child molestations; schisms; murders; bad publicity; bankruptcies; lawsuits; and so on. Almost identical events occurred within the 1930s Gaudiya Matha’s “guru” deviants.
“ONLY FAILURE.” Srila Prabhupada neatly summarizes the entire “voting, committee or self-appointed guru” issue: “There will only be failure.” In sum, the basic deviation of the 1930s and post-1977 ecclesiastical monopolists is to over-emphasize the external ceremonial functions, such as “initiating newcomers,” as the primary important item of devotional service.
EXTERNAL CEREMONIALS. For example, at the present moment, the GBC has a “bona fide guru” who attends a mundane college everyday. It is well known that he has female servants at his private Beverly Hills house. He also invites shapely young women from that college back to his home for “private lessons.” He has been repeatedly caught talking to women in private. He was even caught getting massages from a woman.
Yet, once every year, he might step out of his big “corporate guru” comfortable house, after being freshly invigorated by being massaged and served by very young women, and he will then step into his big plush Cadillac, drive to the temple, and throw some ghee onto an “initiation” fire in his annual big ceremony. According to the GBC, this is what constitutes being “a bona fide guru.” Needless to say, the GBC grants this “guru” a practically unlimited bank balance as well.
PREACHING HALTED. As we see practically, if a group of allegedly pure gurus simply “performs initiation ceremonies,” then the actual mission’s work of preaching and converting becomes stunted. Srila Prabhupada therefore classifies such self-appointed “gurus” as: “business men” who “show the deity”; who “make disciples as a business; as “cockroaches”; as “fourth-class sudras”; even as “guru killers,” and so on. He says that such alleged gurus stopped the preaching work of the Gaudiya Matha.
Similar “mundane church” activities can be observed in places like Las Vegas. A “bona fide priest” hangs a sign in front of a rented storefront, “Cupid’s Chapel of Love.” [Honest!] People will come in, pay some fees, and the “marriage ceremony” is performed. This is what develops when the external ceremonials are taken as all in all. Amazingly, temples like Detroit, and “gurus” like Mukunda swami, now engage in a variety of “Hindu” ceremonial functions, and charge a “set fee.” We’ll do your birth, initiation, marriage and funeral ceremony, all for a special discount price!
Srila Prabhupada was never happy with this commercialization of the guru’s movement. He had severely harsh words to say on the subject of these false ecclesiastical gurus. Indeed, he blatantly branded them as “guru killers.”
1936: DEATH FROM “DISGUST”? According to Srila Prabhupada, the 1930s false guru deviants had been simply waiting for Srila Saraswati Thakura to die, so they could divide up his assets, the properties, temples or “bricks and stones.” In one explanation, Srila Prabhupada informs us that the results were that Srila Saraswati Thakura “left the planet untimely [i.e. he left his body],” being “disgusted” with the plots, schemes and designs of his materially motivated, ambitious leaders.
Otherwise, we are told, “he would have lived for many more years.” In sum, Srila Saraswati Thakura was physically killed [or he actually lost his will to stay] by the aggressive ambitions of his “big leaders.” Especially, those who would later on falsely claim that they were his “guru successors.”
GURU POISONED? In yet another explanation of Srila Saraswati Thakura’s “untimely death,” Srila Prabhupada says that an ambitious Gaudiya Matha false guru deviant actually physically poisoned the guru. This “guru killing” activity is indirectly confirmed in a another conversation. Srila Prabhupada talks about how Srila Saraswati Thakura was complaining, in his last days, about [a leader who had arranged] a so-called kaviraja’s [doctor’s] injections. “Who is giving me these injections,” Srila Saraswati Thakura complained, just before his death.
WHO KILLED THE GURU? Was Srila Sarsawati Thakura either: A) actually physically poisoned?; or, B) was he simply so much disgusted with the soon-to-be false “guru successor” deviants, who were plotting how to “divide his empire,” that he decided to leave by himself, voluntarily?
We know that in his last days Srila Saraswati Thakura would throw his prasadam on the floor, as a protest, being fully disgusted with his ambitious “leaders.” He knew they were sitting around waiting for him to die. They could hardly wait to divide up his kingdom. Does it really matter whether case A or case B is true? Wasn’t his death indirectly or directly orchestrated by his ambitious “leaders”?
TWIN FANGS. Suppose we say that the “poison of personal ambition” is one fanged tooth, and the other fanged tooth is actually “deadly snake venom.” Yet, both teeth are in the same mouth of the “guru killing” snake. [Srila Prabhupada seems to compare both equally]. Does it really matter “which tooth” the poison comes from? Either way, it kills the guru.
POISON RETURNS. Amazingly, one of the leading gurus from the 1930s deviants [Vasudeva] later on committed suicide, by drinking poison. Vasudeva’s former prostitute wife had a ten year old son, who was poisoned by his wife with a deadly drink. Seeing that his son had been killed by his “wife,” Vasudeva became so depressed that he also took the same poison drink and killed himself.
JUDAS PARALLEL. The parallels are very ironic or amazing here. Vasudeva became the one of the prime betrayers to his master, Srila Saraswati Thakura. He artificially posed as his guru’s successor. And so he killed himself shortly after that. No doubt, he also felt guilty for betraying his master.
In sum, this Vasudeva was actually considered to be a very learned scholar. He could understand that suicide was an honorable way out for his offense of imitating the acharya. From this it is evident that most of the post-1977 guru deviants are not as advanced as Judas or Vasudeva. They go on and on imitating and exploiting without any feelings of guilt. No conscience, or link to the Lord, as the “inner voice” or Supersoul.
Some will argue that Vasudeva only felt bad about his role in the loss of the child. One child. However, in the example of the post-1977 guru deviants, they are directly responsible for thousands of children being abused, even molested. Some children have committed suicide as a result. For example, one of Satsvarupa’s gurukula students hung himself with a rope. Yet we find that practically none of the ISKCON gurus are feeling any remorse over their role in creating their children’s nightmare, as Vasudeva did in merely one instance. Therefore we can observe how powerfully the degraded age of Kali Yuga is advancing. People are becoming more proud and violent, and less and less sensitive.
As a side note, 5,000 years ago Pariksit maharaja was betrayed by a brahmana for gold, Judas also took a gold payment, the 1930s deviants usurped the “golden” assets, and the post-1977 deviants usurped the “golden” assets. And so it may also be argued that there is a timeless aspect to such deviations. Our point is that usually such devious persons do not, at least, exploit their own society’s children, especially the way the post-1977 false guru types have done. The former deviants had at least a nominal amount of dignity.
1970: “FELT DISGUST” PART TWO: In 1970. Srila Prabhupada left the USA for India, in disgust with his ambitious leaders. He was observing, even at that early stage, that some of his “big leaders” were trying to take over his assets. He said, “you can have [the assets of] ISKCON, I’ll go away and preach.”
1971: KILLERS REVISITED. Srila Prabhupada clearly told us that his “guru brothers” might try to have him physically assassinated in Mayapura. In sum, the 1930s “guru successor” deviants were quite prepared to kill yet another guru, now Srila Prabhupada, by one foul means or another.
GAUDIYA MATHA POISON REVIVED. The Gaudiya Matha deviants decided not to kill Srila Prabhupada directly, but rather to “kill his preaching,” by sabotaging his preaching movement. Thus some of the Gaudiya Matha leaders worked heard to infect some of the members of Srila Prabhupada’s movement, with their deviant post-1930s ideas.
Some of them are still doing this. Primarily they “poison” the preaching by minimizing Srila Prabhupada’s exalted position. The author contends that the Gaudiya Matha deviants have gone on to poison his movement especially after his departure in 1977.
Anyway, Srila Prabhupada openly describes such Gaudiya Matha leader’s efforts as, “trying to poison our movement.” “They are envious,” Srila Prabhupada further explained, and so they objected to Srila Prabhupada’s efforts.
AMBITION: REAL POISON. “The real poison is personal ambition,” Srila Prabhupada also chided his “leaders.” In sum, the means of poisoning the guru may manifest in a wide variety of behaviors, but the root is always similar. One may become “mildly envious” of the guru, or in the case of false guru successors, one becomes “totally envious” of him.
1973: WAITING FOR ME TO DIE. Later, Srila Prabhupada also commented that some of his leaders [following in the exact psychology footsteps of the Gaudiya Matha’s deviants] were simply waiting for him to die, so they could take over his movement’s assets. He said this after some of his ambitious “leaders” were already placing THEIR pictures on HIS altars.
1975 POISON SNAKE. In 1975, one of Srila Prabhupada’s followers [Nitai dasa] became infected by some of the caste and Gaudiya Matha’s deviants. Nitai began to state that gurus in the eternal parampara are infected by material illusion. He [mis] quoted the example of Lord Brahma’s alleged illusion. This made Srila Prabhupada very, very upset.
As a result, Srila Prabhupada banned Nitai from ISKCON and called him “a venomous black snake.” Amazingly, Nitai’s centerpiece philosophical deviation has now been directly advanced by the post-1977 deviants …as their philosophical centerpiece! Indeed, the post-1977 deviants have even drafted “position papers” criticizing Lord Brahma, exactly as the “venomous black snake” Nitai had done. Worse, Nitai’s fallacious and highly offensive example is oftentimes presented in lectures at almost any ISKCON temple at present. The poisonous snake’s philosophy is militantly upheld. Those who agree with Srila Prabhupada’s version of this example are viciously excommunicated.
1976: WAITING FOR HIM TO DIE? Didn’t Srila Prabhupada know what was going on around him? For example, in his last days  did he not know that Tamal Krishna swami had called Sudama swami to the back of the Vrindavana temple, telling him, “tomorrow we are going to divide up [Srila Prabhupada’s assets for ourselves] the world.”
Didn’t Srila Prabhupada know that Tamal Krishna swami had told Puranjana dasa, who was chanting in front of Srila Prabhupada’s vyasasana in 1976, “I know you Puranjana, you are simply waiting for Srila Prabhupada to die so you can sit in his seat.” Didn’t Srila Prabhupada fully well know who would be, just one year later, actually “sitting in his seat”? Yes.
JUDAS FACTOR. Didn’t Jesus know who would betray him? Yes. Didn’t Srila Saraswati Thakura know that Tirtha would, or certainly could, betray him? Yes. They know. Still, sometimes the great Vaishnava saint gives his mercy to all, even those he knows might subvert or even try to kill him.
Lord Jesus knew everything about who would betray him. He knew who would doubt and deny him. Still, he supplied unlimited mercy. Lord Chaitanya also knew that Ramachandra Puri was preaching severely, against Him, Still he gave practically unlimited mercy to that envious man. He treated Ramachandra Puri as His superior. That is sometimes a special feature of the nature of God or His bona fide guru. They may apparently give incredible mercy where it is not, from all logical considerations, due.
Of course we can also take everything back to our original position. Krishna gave all of us a powerful post as His servants in Vaikuntha. We misused our big post. So, we may sometimes obtain an opportunity for a big post, but that is not the fault of the benedicting personality, God or guru. Rather, it is one’s duty to take up the responsibility of that post.
CHECKS AND BALANCES. Of course, Srila Prabhupada also expected that his so many other disciples would act, when or if some of his leaders would deviate. Thus, the persons who passivley or actively acquiesced, joined “the conspiracy of silence,” or who “sold their souls” with gold or a “sub-post,” under the original deviants, also have a [much lesser] responsibility in the deviation. In sum, everyone of us has a responsibility to keep the guru’s movement pure and free from exploiters.
1977: POISON COMMENTS. Srila Prabhupada also warned his GBC men that the imitation of guru is poison. He knew that they were thinking of trying this foolish endeavor. It is also interesting to note herein that Srila Prabhupada also complained about one of his soon-to-be “guru successors,” who was giving him “kaviraja’s medicine” in his last days. Srila Prabhupada openly complained, “this is poison.” Is it a striking coincidence, or perhaps a parallel mood, to some of the almost identical last comments of Srila Saraswati Thakura?
FEROCIOUS SNAKES. In sum, Srila Prabhupada classifies such false gurus as “ferocious and dangerous snakes.” [Black-snake sarpa-like men] It is also well known that these alleged gurus might adopt any type of corrupt and foul means to maintain their stolen properties and their false guru position. As we have all witnessed, they will orchestrate the murder of their brothers, or any sincere devotee who wants to worship the bona fide acharya, namely Srila Prabhupada. We also see that, when pressed, they may temporarily halt their vicious attack on the guru’s children and directly attack the bona fide guru himself.
MOST DANGEROUS HUMANS. Thus, the Sri Isopanishad warns us that these false “pure devotee gurus” are in fact “the most dangerous elements in human society.”
KILLERS: EXALT ONE ANOTHER. One of the worse case 1930s deviants, who was in fact credited [by Srila Prabhupada in 1970] with killing Srila Saraswati Thakura with poison, is currently being glorified by the post-1977 deviant “gurus” as their model example of a bona fide parampara guru. Srila Prabhupada relates how Srila Saraswati Thakura tried to protest, “Who is giving me these injections?”
Similarly, the post-1977 deviants have gone on “injecting” all manner of poisonous things into Srila Prabhupada’s movement. They have forcefully minimized Srila Prabhupada’s position. Simultaneously, they have militantly exalted their own foolish ideas, for example that known child molesters are components of the guru succession [parampara] Now they also insist that we recognize a known guru poisoner as a great saintly person. In sum, these “guru killers” are now forming an alliance, their mutual admiration society.
GAUDIYA MATA PACT. Indeed, now that Tripurari swami, an official member of the Gaudiya Matha, has self declared himself to be a guru, and is getting massaged by a young woman follower, the GBC wants to form an alliance with this deviant. He openly advocates the deviant Gaudiya Matha ideas. Recently, he was exalted by Satsvarupa swami, of the GBC, as a person who is pleasing the previous acharyas. The deviants are all coming together.
24. Now even, my God brothers, you return here to the order of our master, and together we engage in his puja.
NOTE: Srila Prabhupada is encouraging his deviated Godbrothers to “return to the master’s order.” What is the first practical step that he proposes that they should engage in? To start, he says, let us “return back” to pre-1936 worship standard [puja] of our guru. “Return to his order” and “return to his worship” seem to go hand in hand. Perhaps this “worship of our guru together” will open up the transcendental plane and will break up the log-jam of numerous Gaudiya Matha “guru” schisms, and promote a unified or “brothers together” mood.
25. But simply a festival of flowers and fruits does not constitute worship. The one who serves the message of the guru really worships him.
NOTE: Both the 1930s and post-1977 “guru” deviants usually hold some sentimental “Srila Prabhupada commemoration” festival to officially remember the bona fide acharya. For one or two days of the year, the actual acharya is superficially or officially worshipped, but then everyone goes back home to worship the self-appointed guru deviants once again.
Srila Prabhupada was keenly aware of the hypocrisy of all of this, and so he informs us that these so called commemorative festivals are “simply a [sentimental] festival of flowers and fruits.” There is no substance.
Also, he gives us an instruction regarding what constitutes “real service,” namely service to the spiritual master’s words, message or “vani.” That is real worship. This idea is discussed in more detail in our book Our Living Guru.
26. The service of the message is the real meaning of the Vedas. Don’t be proud, brothers, Come back to this.
NOTE: Srila Prabhupada encourages his brothers to simply give up their false pride and false prestige of accepting worship for themselves, falsely claiming to be “as good as God” themselves. “Come back,” he says, serve and worship the [actual] guru’s [Srila Saraswati Thakura’s] instructions. Let us all unite, he chides them, let us “come back” to the worship of the person who really is as good as God, namely, Srila Saraswati Thakura, the bona fide guru. And if you fail to do this, it is because of your false pride.
27. Kalidas nag (a learned man who was defeated by Srila Saraswati Thakura and later became his disciple), that master said in public forum one day.
28. That Kali’s mission was to kill the entire world while the essential meaning of Lord Chaitanya’s message was kept locked up in a cage.
29. O shame! My dear brothers aren’t you embarrassed? In the manner of businessmen you increase your disciples.
NOTE: Srila Prabhupada, as the Lord’s real pure devotee, feels very great compassion for all the living beings. He wants to see Lord Chaitanya’s mission come out successfully, and not to be locked up and made into a mundane business, while the entire world rots, suffers, and goes to hell. Unfortunately, many of Srila Prabhupada’s Godbrother could not share his noble sentiments.
“O shame!,” Srila Prabhupada states in an attempt to wake up his “businessmen guru” Godbrothers. He is obviously highly displeased that his so-called Godbrothers would simply “lock up the Lord’s mission,” [and “throw away the key”?] simply so that they can go on exploiting the Lord’s mission, as their own private “guru business,” more and more.
BUSINESS? Srila Prabhupada fully reveals what he thinks is at the root of all the 1930s and post-1977 “initiating guru” arguments. Business. Nothing more, nothing less. He is warning them about how boldly they are setting themselves up as the center, and shamelessly pushing their guru, and the Lord’s mission, out of the picture. They are “shame-less” businessmen as well!
Thus, in the Sri Isopanisad Srila Prabhupada further warns his deviant, so-called “Guru Godbrothers,” that when they conduct their “guru business,” they are simply headed for “the most obnoxious regions of the universe.”
It seems, from Srila Prabhupada’s vision, that the deviant’s “guru business” is the worst possible business to venture into. Better, he explains. that such guru business folks had never even heard of the Vedas at all.
In sum, one’s envy of his guru may gradually transform itself into a “business,” and then one tries to directly exploit the Lord’s pure devotee. The Isopanisad clearly warns that this is the most dangerous activity in the universe. Srila Prabhupada boldly points to the foul root of all this “guru nonsense.” Naked greed. According to Srila Prabhupada, this ambition to replace the guru may become so powerful, one might even try to administer poison to the real acharya. His devotees can be purged out and killed as well.
The “big leaders” make a guru business out of their guru’s mission. And just like the 1930s Gaudiya Matha, which made batches and batches of gurus, the post-1977 GBC has already established some 80 “guru business” franchises. However, one takes this franchise certificate at his peril.
Srila Prabhupada also indirectly points out that these false guru’s are not actually qualified to possess their own disciples. They have simply concocted a “making disciples” business. Obviously, such disciples should have been encouraged to worship the real acharya, and not some mundane profiteering franchise business system. Further proof that these “disciples” are simply stolen from the real guru. In sum, Srila Prabhupada called these false gurus “Kali’s” assistants, or Kali chelas: disciples of Kali Yuga. [Cc] That is obviously the reason why the GBC deviants have glorified the Kali chelas as their model gurus in their “ISKCON Journal.” Satan’s men glorify each other.
30. Our master said to preach. Let the neophytes stay in the temples and ring the bells.
31. All these things are not our spiritual master’s preaching methods. These are all the things done by the caste Goswamis.
NOTE: Again, Srila Prabhupada points out that the 1930s Gaudiya Matha and the post-1977 GBC’s “living guru” franchise business was never authorized. He compares such deviant ideas to the corrupt principles of the caste monopolists, or similar ecclesiastical “guru businesses,” which now flourish in Kali Yuga’s demoniac influenced culture.
32. But just take a look at the terrible situation that has arisen. everyone has become a sense enjoyer and has given up preaching.
NOTE: Srila Prabhupada laments that while these few “gurus” are usurping the whole movement’s assets, the rest of the world is in a terrible situation. The whole movement has been choked up. Amazingly, sometimes the deviants try to present themselves as “great experts on the conjugal affairs of the Lord.” Srila Prabhupada simply calls them all “sense enjoyers.”
33. In the temples they have also begun to lock the doors. Preach this bhagavata dharma, don’t hesitate.
NOTE: Most ISKCON temples, especially where Srila Prabhupada founded ISKCON, in the USA, have been substantially reduced, if not closed, due to the vicious activities of the post-1977 deviant “gurus.” For example, we sat in front of one temple, and personally witnessed many guests coming up to find that the temple’s doors were now locked.
LOCKS AND CHAINS. There were very aggressive looking big stainless steel chains and big padlocks on the door’s handles. The guests naturally began asking, with sardonic humor, “What has happened? A war? Atilla the Hun? The black plague?” They were very disgusted. Srila Prabhupada therefore orders these false “gurus” to give up their “business,” and open the temples back up once again, by instituting the worship of the real acharya, and start preaching the real message of bhagavata-dharma. “Don’t hesitate.”
34. Within this world there is another world, whose sound is the unequaled penetrating force.
35. The preaching that “the mullah [Muslim priest] only goes as far as the mosque and no further” should be put to an end today.
36. From the seas, across the earth, penetrate the universal shell, come together and preach this Krishna consciousness.
37. Then our master’s service will be in proper order. Make you promise today, Give up all your politics and diplomacy.
NOTE: This is as about as clear as it gets. Srila Prabhupada clearly brands all of this false guru business as “political diplomacy.” In Sanskrit this “imitation of guru” deviation is called “kuti-nati,” or cheating and diplomacy. [M.L 160]
38. Everyone come together on this very day and make your valued comment. The five of you get together and decide what should be done.
39. You have become renouncers, brothers, so renounce everything. But if you also renounce the order of the spiritual master, then what kind of renunciation is that?
40. The one who renounces the guru’s order [guru tyagi] and the one who tries to enjoy the assets of his spiritual master [guru-bhoghi] are two kinds of useless persons. First become a servant of your spiritual master [guru-sevi] and then you will understand things clearly.
NOTE: Srila Prabhupada considers the “imitation of guru” idea to be ignoring the guru’s order [also known as “guror avajna” to overstep or insult the guru and his order]. He sometimes uses the term “violating the order of guru” interchangeably, when describing the false guru syndrome. This is the most serious offense.
The next obvious and natural step, after “violating the guru’s order” is to encroach on his property, his worship, purposefully destroy his movement, change his books, molest, drive out, even kill, his followers. “Guru-bhogi.” In sum, we find that the motive for this “violating the order” is just so that one can enjoy the guru’s properties and usurp the worship of the bona fide guru.
41. If there is only one Supreme Lord, then a true sadhu, if his faith increases, he gives up the desire for profit, distinction and adoration in the material world.
42. Your gold, brother, is the father of sense gratification. This meaningful statement was spoken by Srila Prabhupada himself.
NOTE: Here Srila Prabhupada juxtaposes two ideas together: 41) A bona fide devotee or sadhu will develop the qualities of true renunciation, and 42) That the false “gurus” or deviants are simply after material wealth [adorned by profit, distinction and adoration]. The Vedas summarize all of this as “the desire for gold.”
Not surprisingly, one of the post-1977 guru deviants became world famous for his twenty-four carat golden toilet facilities, also adorned with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of extravagant silk wall paper. Meanwhile, human waste was falling on the deities in “his” temple. Incidentally, human stools are still falling on the deities at Satsvarupa’s farm, while he has been “hiding out” by living in the “first-class golden facilities” of Howard Johnson’s Motels, while disguised as an ordinary man. Then there was “The Palace Of Gold,” where a “guru” had his own “golden chair” where he would sometimes wear a “golden crown and scepter.” Of course, he would simultaneously have sixty small boys “massaging him all over” very disgustingly, while the other GBC’s gurus all sat around nodding approvingly, and were even chanting his glories. Some gurus had ingot blocks of gold. There has been all kinds of gold and diamond jewelry, Rolex watches, rubies, Cadillacs, private houses, and etc.
43. Give up your wealth for preaching. Sit down together and make some special judgment.
44. The Supreme Lord Himself says that everything is Mine. Don’t protest. Just unite and preach.
NOTE: Here Srila Prabhupada boldly hints that these false gurus are usurping the Lord’s properties. “Everything belongs to the Lord!,” he chides [and no small amount of WARNS] the false guru section. So give it back to Him. Don’t protest. Don’t hold on to your stolen bread like greedy criminals. Return the stolen property to the real acharya forthwith, and in this way unite and preach.
45. Srila Prabhupada gave this final message himself. Take great care to follow that completely in all respects.
46. Otherwise your sannyas will be wasted and useless. O saintly ones, be careful; afterwards you will regret.
NOTE: The fate of the “guru-bhogi” or enjoyer section is clearly stated: they are destined to go to “the most abominable regions of the universe.” Srila Prabhupada mercifully warns them again, hurry up and return the booty, or afterwards you WILL regret.
47. So what is the difficulty for all of us to come together in this way and why do all these things even have to be said to you?
NOTE: Like the 1930s deviants, the post-1977 false gurus also sometimes claim, “We do not know how we became gurus, we were walking around one day and simply fell into our big, big seats. We made a deviant man, that we already knew was a pedophile, into “Vishnupada.” Some of us fell onto little boys, and then had sex with them. Some of us fell onto girls. And then we covered-up for and protected those men. It was all an accident. Hey. Everybody makes mistakes like this. We do not know who caused all this, we are sinless, not deviants, etc.” Srila Prabhupada ignores these bogus arguments by simply stating, “Why do we even have to discuss how you have stolen the guru’s properties and ruined his preaching movement?” The truth is glaringly clear. Indeed, there is no need to clarify or discuss it. You are cheaters. Give it up now, or regret the consequences. Finished.
48. Give up your stubbornness, there is no time. Come all my brothers on this auspicious holy occasion.
49. When will that day come when there will be a temple established in every house in every corner of the world?
50. When the big court judge will be a Gaudiya Vaishnava with tilak beautifully decorating his forehead.
51. A Vaishnava winning votes will be elected president of the land and preaching will spread everywhere.
52. The demons simply plunder the Lord’s wealth. The hapless populace cry “Hai Hai” in distress.
NOTE: As previously noted, Srila Prabhupada compares the activities of cheater gurus to the activities of the demon Ravana, who destroyed the Vedic sacrifices of the brahmanas. Indeed, he would even steal their wives. And so the devotees are now simply crying in distress that the vicious “gurus” have raped, plundered and ruined their master’s movement and the devotee’s lives.
53. The demons want so many plans just to cheat the people. They see wheat flour at 32 rupees a mound.
54. Will opening a factory fill a hungry man’s belly? Being oppressed by starvation they will eat grass and mango pits.
55. Wearing a two paisa string a man is called a brahmana. Wearing a saffron cloth he has become a sannyasi.
56. The householders beg from the sannyasis, and why not? The sannyasis have tens of millions of rupees in the bank.
NOTE: Many of the 1930s and 1977 “gurus” have big bank accounts.
57. As the days pass the influence of Kali Yuga increases and the poor are crying in distress.
58. Ten thousand cows are killed daily and the nations expert leaders are all eating untouchable foodstuffs.
59. People of muddy intelligence increase day by day. A man and his wife separate on a mere word.
60. Everyone has become a witch by the influence of this age. Everyone is unhappy due to the absence of the mercy of the Vaisnavas.
61 The Vaishnavas are famous as “para dukhi dukhi.” This fame will increase as the preaching increases.
62. If eternally pure devotional service to Krishna is awakened in everyone, then Kali will flee, screaming of his own accord.
NOTE: Some followers of Gaura Govinda maharaja, a current ISKCON guru, told us “Kali Yuga has entered the highest places of this movement.” This shows that even the ordinary common devotees can readily understand that the top management of ISKCON is totally corrupt.
Instead of performing “eternal devotional activities,” these false leaders are performing Kali Yuga’s dirty work. Indeed, such leaders think nothing of driving out, beating and even killing the hapless Vaishnavas. As Kali Yuga progresses, we are told that the Vaishnavas will eventually be hunted and killed. And these killers will be able to cite the example of the GBC’s devotee killing mood as their precedent, since these corrupt ones are already orchestrating that evil mood even in today’s time.
63. “Praninan upakaraya” do work for the benefit of all living beings. This is Mahaprabhu’s teachings. This is the storehouse of happiness in this life and the next.
64. So much work has fallen into your hands, so gather together and do it.
65. Vasudeva Datta said to the Lord, paying his obeisances, save all the living beings in the material world.
66. Give all their sins and suffering to me, who am the lowest of all. In this way all the suffering and miseries of the fallen will end.
67. He was the best of Vaishnavas, para dukhi dukhi. He knows that there is not real happiness in gratifying the senses.
68. And what kind of mercy can the non-Vaishnavas give? They simply make offenses by their Daridra Naranyan philosophy.
Note: The non-Vaishnavas simply place material qualities upon the Lord, and His great devotees. For example, the post-1930s guru deviants claim that homosexual activities are now to be found in the eternally sacred parampara. The post-1977 guru deviants have added insult to this injury. These deviants are so much bold that they loudly proclaim that even child molesters and rapers are components of Krishna and Srila Prabhupada’s parampara lineage. They simply go on making more horrible offenses by the minute. Once one offends Krishna’s pure devotee, one is doomed.
69. The mercy of the Vaishnavas is scientific and authorized, without their mercy this world is simply insurmountable maya.
70. If there is a kingdom of Vishnu and Vaishnavas on the surface of the earth, then the world will be happy so say all the great sages and rishis.
71. Why is everyone crying for Ram-rajya? The only way it can be had is if there is a Vishnu centered kingdom.
72. Lord Krishna enthroned King Yuddhisthira; then the whole world was rich and fortunate due to the qualities of a Vaishnava.
73. The streams, rivers, trees and fields and mountains, all full of fruits and flowers. The milk laden cows were floating in abundant milk.
74. The bird, beasts and lower creatures were all non envious. Material life in the Vaishnava kingdom was regulated and perfect.
75. All immerse in bliss, sing the glories of Hari. The hearts of the Vaishnavas dance in ecstasy to see this.
76. The entire world is filled with the use of material objects, without a trace of devotion to the Lord.
77. Still they are searching after peace. Preach Krishna consciousness Fulfill their desires.
78. Today my brothers, get to this task. Save the battered souls by your preaching.
79 Srila Prabhupada, please be merciful today, This time have compassion. You are not a conditioned soul of this material world.
80. Whatever independence we have, let it be cast to the waters. The lowly Abhay offers this presentation today.
Vrindavana Radha Damodara.
NOTE: [Summary analysis]: According to some of the strict Vedic scriptural codes, a true sannyasi [renunciate] is not supposed to cross over the ocean. Moreover, he would be forbidden to cross the ocean simply for the purpose of entering a city full of degraded, sinful, Mleccha [cow-eater] sense enjoyers. Yet, the Vaishnava or sannyasi preachers may apparently break all of these “strict Vedic scriptural codes,” because they are performing the Lord’s higher mission, namely, to spread the glories of Lord Sri Krishna.
Srila Prabhupada is thus glorifying Srila Saraswati Thakura for his allegedly “breaking from strict codes of tradition” to expand Krishna’s glories. Srila Prabhupada is recognizing the real purpose of his guru, namely to expand the preaching, which is the only means to deliver the suffering and fallen. Similarly, Srila Prabhupada himself appears to have broken many Vedic scriptural “standards and traditions” while engaged in his preaching work, especially in the 1960’s and 70’s, by such things as:
a) Crossing the ocean as a sannnyasi;
b) Initiating Mlecchas and Yavanas as his disciples;
c) Giving brahmana initiations to sudras [low born] and women;
d) Arranging for men and women to live in the same temple building;
e) Performing marriage ceremonies;
f) Creating a unique initiation system [diksha] by mail, by hearing tape recordings, by a network of officiating priest [ritvik] proxies, and so on.
PRABHUPADA: VIOLATED SCRIPTURES? Amazingly, nowadays some of Srila Prabhupada’s own so-called disciples [those who would never have been initiated by him in the first place according to “strict” Vedic codes] are now criticizing him [their own guru?] for “violating the scriptures,” and introducing such things as the “initiation by officiating [ritvik] proxies” system.
The unauthorized so-called followers now claim that Srila Prabhupada has deviated from the Vedas. They seem to have quickly forgot their very recent former position as Mlecchas and Yavanas, and that their position was only changed and upgraded due to Srila Prabhupada’s allegedly “breaking with the strict scriptural codes” in the first place!
HISTORICAL PARALLELS? More amazing are the direct parallels to the Gaudiya Matha’s 1930s “self-appointed successor guru” debacle, and the ISKCON Governing Body Commission’s [GBC’s] post-1977 “self-appointed successor guru” debacle. For example, one of the most prominent of the 1930s Gaudiya Matha deviant “self-appointed gurus” was named Ananta Vasudeva. He quickly deteriorated and became so much degraded that he began to openly and boldly criticize his own guru, namely Saraswati Thakura, for “violating the scriptures.”
MORE THAN GURU? Obviously, this false imitation guru, Vasudeva, assumed that he had become “more than guru.” Similarly, Srila Prabhupada had to repeatedly condemn his own GBC “leaders” for such deviant psychology, especially in the 1970’s. However, just after his departure in 1977, these deviant ideas flourished rampantly in the GBC’s “self-appointed guru” concoction. In sum, the modern day self appointed guru deviants are following directly in the ill-fated footsteps of the 1930s deviants.
AGAIN BECOME MOUSE! Srila Prabhupada tells us a story about this phenomena. A small mouse begs a powerful yogi to make him into a tiger. The yogi reluctantly agrees. Then the mouse, now thinking that he is a powerful tiger, becomes very puffed-up by false egotistical pride. This “newly made tiger” decides to eat the yogi for dinner. The yogi notes that his “loyal follower” has now become envious of him. So he merely smiles, snaps his fingers, and says, “All right, again you will be a mouse.” [Punar musika bhava].
By violating the guru’s orders, and especially by trying to artificially take his place, one merely returns back to his former materialistic status. The guru’s blessings are retracted, although one may continue a cheap show.
LIVING SCRIPTURE? In sum, these speculators tend to forget that whatever the pure guru says, it is non-different from Krishna’s will. The pure devotee is Krishna’s “living spokesman.” Therefore the words of His bona fide pure representative are in fact “scripture.”
The acharya can therefore give a specific plan according to time, place and circumstance, by Krishna’s order. Only such an authorized person is qualified to “update” the scriptures for this purpose. And to question the acharya’s authority to do so is spiritual suicide.
Srila Prabhupada’s understanding of the “real meaning” of Saraswati Thakura’s teachings was very unique. For example, many of Srila Prabhupada’s so-called Godbrothers [those who still claim to be followers of Saraswati Thakura from the 1930s] constantly criticize Srila Prabhupada, even today, for such “apparently contradictory” issues, such as allowing women to live in his temples, and so on and so forth. Their misinterpretations are noted herein. Srila Prabhupada indirectly calls them “incompetent fools.”
1930s DEVIANTS CONSULTED. Amazingly, Srila Prabhupada’s GBC men went directly to the very same Gaudiya Matha deviant men who had corrupted and altered Saraswati Thakura’s teachings, allegedly to seek out “advice,” in February of 1978. Later, in 1990, that very same GBC glorified the worst case offenders from the Gaudiya Matha [or the incompetent fools Srila Prabhupada is referring to] to be qualified as “gurus like Srila Prabhupada.”
In sum, anyone who links himself to these deviants is in very grave spiritual danger. Srila Prabhupada establishes, by these prayers, how we should preach to the fallen devotees, but we should never, ever, compromise with them. We must always distinguish ourselves, especially from the post 1977 “child molesters were our gurus” idea, which has no substance, even morally. Otherwise, punar musika bhava, we will become a mouse, or perhaps even less than that, once again.
P H I L O S O P H Y [?] A P P E N D I X
What follows is a [cross-section] list of some of the prominent past and present leaders of the post-1977 false guru lineage, and one or two of their prominent ideas. Of course, every single member of the current ISKCON GBC has to ascribe [at least acquiesce to] the philosophy [?] that child molesters [actually child rapers] were gurus. We summarize their “Child Molester Guru” idea with the acronym “CMG.”
01. Badrinarayan dasa. Lapsed into sanity in 1986. Wanted Srila Prabhupada to be focused as the guru. Now a CMG advocate. Claims he is now quite capable of fixing broken down gurus in the parampara, [proving that he is better than anyone in the parampara?]. We have got a death threat from his temple. Allegedly, he preaches that Srila Prabhupada’s worshipers should now be killed.
02. Bhagavan: Had sex with followers [which Srila Prabhupada compares to child molestation]. Now smokes marijuana. Took a new-age guru who ordered him to eat steak and hamburger. Currently in jail for illegal drug sales and counterfeit money. CMG founding father. Now admits: “The guru thing was after mega-bucks.” Created and later re-instated a known child raper to be worshipped as good as God, simultaneously, voted in some of the current gurus. Left with [stole] lots of Srila Prabhupada’s money.
03. Bhavanada: Had sex with followers [which Srila Prabhupada compares to child molestation]. Made a guru by the GBC in 1978 although they knew he had recently sexually assaulted a young boy. Went on to homosexually molest many more children. His “disciple” died of AIDS. Left with [stole] lots of money. Rumored to have AIDS. CMG founding father.
04. Danavir vanachari [?]: Now claims that even Srila Prabhupada could fall down [like the GBC’s molesters and their advocates?] He claims that the bona fide guru is subject to relative contaminations. CMG advocate.
05. Ganapati swami: Claims that even Srila Prabhupada made mistakes. like the GBC’s molester regime’s members have done, [Relativizes guru]. Militantly “kicks” devotees out of the temple if they do not agree that child rapers were our gurus. CMG advocate.
06. Gunagrahi “swami”: Caught watching pornographic films. CMG advocate.
07. Harikesh swami: Very oppressive towards Godbrothers. Claims that eternally pure gurus are not only subject to being child rapers, but may also be haunted by ghosts and goblins_as he has been. Created and later re-instated a known child raper to be worshipped as good as God, simultaneously, voted in some of the current gurus. CMG founding father.
08. Hari Sauri dasa: Right hand man and vociferous supporter of the worst of the molester guru’s regime. Covered up GBC’s molestation pattern for years together. Finally removed from “sannyasa” service for illicit behavior. Currently primary spokes-person for GBC’s CMG movement
09. Harivilas dasa: First of all  stated that child molesters have to be driven out of the movement. Now he says that anyone who does not accept that child rapers are components of the guru parampara . . .have to be driven out of the movement. [?] Also, he bailed out and supported a known child molester. CMG advocate.
10. Hridayanada swami: Claims that everyone, including pure devotees, fall down, [get massaged by women?], make mistakes, go to mundane college, etc. [Relativizes guru position]. Caught being massaged by a woman. Always talks to women in bikini, in private. Now he goes to college in a Cadillac and privately tutors the young women. Created and later re-instated a known child raper to be worshipped as good as God, simultaneously, voted in some of the current gurus. CMG founding father.
11. Jayapataka swami: Primary advocate of “Lord Brahma makes mistakes” idea. Srila Prabhupada says that the demigods who nominally criticized Lord Brahma for this incident were forced to take birth as demons. Indicates future birth of such thinkers. Created and later re-instated a known child raper to be worshipped as good as God, simultaneously, voted in some of the current gurus. CMG founding father.
12. Jayadvatia swami: Primary CMG philosophical ideologue. Insults the entire parampara and especially Lord Brahma daily. To cover up for the ever-increasing mass of contradictory defects in his GBC’s ideology, he now says “the GBC’s gurus are less reliable than a Sony tape recorder, but still you have to worship one of them, or we shall kick you out of the movement.” [?] Writer, ideologue, founder-creator of CMG regime.
13. Jayatirtha: Had sex with followers [which Srila Prabhupada compares to child molestation]. In 1978, told author that Srila Prabhupada’s men and money were now his. Excommunicated author from ISKCON. Later, had his head chopped off by a disgruntled follower.
14. Nitaichand: Focus of internal 1986 GBC paper on child molestations. Said by witnesses to be a molester himself. GBC wants him to be a guru? Long time CMG cover-up man and advocate.
15. Kirtananda swami: Had sex with followers [which Srila Prabhupada compares to child molestation]. Created and later re-instated a known child raper to be worshipped as good as God, simultaneously, voted in some of the current gurus. The GBC insists that molesters can vote in the current gurus?
16. Mahavishnu swami: Recent veiled threats to non CMG advocates.
17. Mukunda swami: CMG founding ideologue and writer. Once asked if he could help a woman who was having a nervous breakdown, because her child had been molested by a guru, Mukunda said, he could do nothing, besides, he had heard numerous others stories much worse than that. CMG founder.
18. Purudasa (NY) Yes, despite the fact that Kirtanandana has been having anal sex with boys at least since 1986, he “was still a great guru.”
19. Ramesvara: Created and later re-instated a known child raper to be worshipped as good as God, simultaneously, voted in some of the current gurus. CMG founding father. Admitted that guru appointment was a hoax. Left [stole money] and began eating meat and taking drugs.
20. Satsvarupa swami: Author of “Lord Brahma makes mistakes” and most other deviant GBC documents.
21. Tamal Krishna swami: 1977: We are only going to be ritviks. 1978: We were appointed as successors, accept this or die. 1980: No, we were never appointed, accept this or die. 1984: Yes, we were appointed, and we’ll kill you if you don’t accept. 1988: No, I never said that were appointed. CMG founding father.
22 Virabahu: Claims that the experience you get from his false gurus is the same identical experience you would get from the factual gurus. So, if you [or one of your children] gets infected with the AIDS virus from one of his gurus, remember, this is all transcendental! CMG advocate.
There are hundreds of similar thinkers in leadership positions in ISKCON today. Indeed, if anyone disagrees he is driven out, even threatened with death. Only the supporters of the deviant “child rapers were our gurus” ideologues are welcomed in ISKCON today. Formerly, one had to accept Vasudeva’s homosexual and prostitution affairs to be accepted in the Gaudiya Matha. Doubters were punished severely. “History always repeats.”
OM TAT SAT
Prabhupada Anti-Defamation Association (PADA)
P.O. Box 6391- Santa Rosa – CA 95406 USA
phone: 707-477-4102 / email: firstname.lastname@example.org
©1994 – 150 copies, All Rights Reserved.